Dealing with a mold outbreak can be difficult. While you can do DIY removals with store-bought materials, extensive mold growth requires professionals. DIY mold removal tactics are great options, but they might not work with stubborn spores. In such situations it’s essential to hire a professional to help you deal with the problem extensively. Here’s how to prepare your home for professional mold removal in Council Bluffs, IA.
• Don’t Wipe the Mold Laden Surfaces: Problematic mold might require testing to help professionals identify its characteristics. This helps them know how to deal with it. Therefore, avoid wiping the mold on surfaces to make the identification process easier.
• Request an Air Quality Sample: Inhaling mold can cause health problems, such as difficulty breathing. Therefore, it’s important to identify airborne spores to reduce health concerns.
• Avoid moving things from the affected area: You might be tempted to remove things such as valuables from affected rooms. However, this will spread the mold, making it harder to contain.
• Find a place for your family to crash in: The mold removal process might take time. Additionally, it may require the use of unhealthy chemicals and noisy equipment. To avoid this, you can take a mini vacation or visit a relative. Wherever you go, ensure you can take your pets along or find them a safe place to stay.
• Wash clothing with hot water and detergent: Wash affected clothes and curtains with detergent and hot water. You can also use bleach where appropriate since it also kills the spores.
Professional mold removal is essential, especially when dealing with stubborn spores. Hire a team from SERVPRO of Council Bluffs as it’s crucial to prepare for the process. Some things you can do include avoiding wiping affected surfaces, avoiding moving things from affected areas, and finding a place to stay during the process.